Basic Medical Terminology Course
Discover the fascinating world of medical language and begin adding medical terms to your vocabulary.
An interactive medical terminology course based on a leading textbook by
Danielle LaFleur Brooks, Dale Levinsky, and Myrna LaFleur Brooks.
Why Take This Course
Whether you are in high school, retired, or in between, we believe knowing the language of medicine is beneficial.
This course is ideal if you are:
- Planning on a career in healthcare and want an introduction to the field and common vocabulary
- Working in health care and want to advance up the career ladder
- Entering a pre-med or pre-nursing program and want a foundational understanding of medical terms
- Employed in a business that deals with medicine and healthcare, such as insurance, medical equipment, pharmaceuticals, or law
- Enhancing your resume to show depth of skill
- Interested in your health care and believe knowing medical terms will improve communication with your doctor as well as help you understand your medical records and medical coverage
- A life-long learner who loves language and wants to enhance your vocabulary
What’s Inside the Course
- This self-paced course guides you through 12 lessons from the textbook Basic Medical Language. Click to View Syllabus
- Each lesson presents word parts, medical terms, and abbreviations by body systems.
- Content is introduced in manageable amounts followed by exercises and online practice activities.
- You can check your work using the answer key, providing immediate feedback for all online activities.
- Many varied activities are offered, so you can choose learning activities to fit your learning style
- A quiz is available at the end of each lesson. A passing grade of 80% is required to receive a certificate.
- An estimated course completion time is 32 hours