by Danielle LaFleur Brooks, MEd, MA, Myrna LaFleur Brooks, RN, BEd Dale M Levinsky, MD
The perfect text for a shorter medical terminology course, Basic Medical Language, 6th Edition offers a carefully-crafted learning system designed for quick and lasting acquisition of medical terminology needed for entry into the health professions.
Plus free interactive online activities:
- TEACH Resources (Lesson plans, Handouts, and PowerPoint® slides)
- Test bank
- Activities and games
- Electronic flashcards
- Electronic health records
- Over 200 flash cards packaged free with the text make it easier for you to memorize terms.
- Electronic health record mockups provide exposure to the electronic health records that you will encounter in practice.
- Systemic presentation of medical terms helps you learn and recognize new words as you encounter them by combining parts.
- Case studies serve as review sections and provide additional opportunities for you to apply what you have learned.
- Engaging integrated exercises, including matching, building, and reading medical terms in context.
- Consistent organization and pacing of lessons ensure steady acquisition of terminology.
- Objectives integrated with headings clarify how the content is presented within lessons and show you how objectives relate to content.
New to this Edition
- NEW! An expanded Career Focus feature highlights professionals whose work focuses on specific body systems.
- NEW! Integrated chapter quizzes test your knowledge and provide instant feedback on your progress.
- NEW! Updated terminology and illustrations provide students with the latest pathology and procedure information.
- NEW! Expanded abbreviation lists provide you with the most important healthcare abbreviations.
1. Introduction to Medical Language, Body Structure, and Oncology
2. Directional Terms, Planes, Regions, Positions, and Quadrants
3. Integumentary System, Colors, and Plural Endings
4. Respiratory System
5. Urinary System
6. Reproductive Systems
7. Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
8. Digestive System
9. Eye and Ear
10. Musculoskeletal System
11. Nervous System
12. Endocrine System
A: Word Parts Used in Basic Medical Language
B: Abbreviations, Including Error-prone Abbreviation List
C: Answers to Exercises
Click HERE for more information.