Since COVID-19 dominates our news and has altered the pattern of our daily life, many of us are scrambling to learn more about it.
Therefore, to assist in understanding this new disease, we have selected two videos for your viewing.
COVID-19 Video 1
COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease19) – February Update is a 13-minute video.
It covers information on:
It is a basic easy-to-understand presentation. Plus, the video gives useful and accurate information. Although the numbers are outdated since it quotes February 2020 data, it is still a good learning tool.
HINT: In both videos, you will hear reference to R0 pronounced R naught, which is a mathematical term that indicates how contagious an infectious disease is. It’s also referred to as the reproduction number.
Other terms you may encounter in the videos: COVID-19, novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV2, animal reservoir, SARS, MERS, intermediate host, incubation period, asymptomatic, superspreaders, Rt-PCR test (real-time polymerase chain reaction), Chloroquine, Ritonavir, Remdesivir, T-zone, droplets, PPE, tracheal intubation, ARDS (adult respiratory distress syndrome), septic shock, ventilator, spreadability, inflammation markers.
You should find the answers to these questions in the videos.
- What criteria did the WHO use to choose COVID-19 as a name for the novel coronavirus?
- What is the history of coronavirus infections?
- How does COVID-19 outbreak rate compare with SARS, MERS, and Ebola?
- How does the COVID-19 virus invade the body tissues
- What are the two main causes of death from COVID-19?
- How does COVID-19 spread from one person to another?
- What treatment is used for COVID-19?
- How is the spread of COVID-19 prevented?
- Why is COVID-19 spreading faster than the flu?
- What inflammation markers are found in patients with COVID-19?
COVID-19 Video 2
COVID-19 Corona Virus: Epidemiology, Pathophysiology, Diagnostics is near an hour in length.
It is lecture style and gives an in-depth clinical look at:
Watch Other Videos on Our Medical Terminology Blog >